Spectators can look forward to inclusive, accessible and affordable ticket prices for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games following the announcement of ticket pricing today.
Up to 1.5 million spectators are expected to enjoy more than 11 unforgettable days of world class sporting competition from April 4-15, 2018.
Adult tickets to high profile events such as athletics will start from as low as $20 and half price children’s tickets will be available from $10.
The ticket price includes all ticket fees and free public transport on event day within the South East Queensland TransLink public transport network, the Cairns TransLink bus network and on the Townsville qconnect bus network when a valid event ticket is presented.
Tickets for people with accessibility requirements will be available for all events.
As GC2018 is affiliated to the Queensland Companion Card program, accessible seating will be provided with a complimentary companion ticket.
Tickets will initially be made available to the public via a Ticket Request phase which starts in April 2017. The Ticket Request phase will allow people to request tickets in a fair and equitable manner.
Other highlights of the GC2018 Ticket Pricing Program include:
- 80 per cent of all tickets will be priced $80 or below
- Over 55 per cent of all tickets will be priced $40 or below
- Opening Ceremony tickets will be available from $100 for adults and $50 for children
- Closing Ceremony tickets from $70 for adults and $35 for children
- Athletics tickets will be available from $20 for adults and $10 for children
- Rugby 7s tickets will be available from $30 for adults and $15 for children
- Beach Volleyball tickets from $30 for adults and $15 for children
- Swimming tickets from $40 for adults and $20 for children
- Track Cycling tickets from $50 for adults and $25 for children
- Children’s tickets will be available for people aged 16 and under
- Infants under 2 years are granted free entry to all events providing they do not occupy a seat.